- How layers of light work and why they’re helpful
- Ambient vs. task vs. accent lighting
- Why our eyes like varied rather than uniform light
- How we respond to various levels of illumination
- How different kinds of fixtures shed different shapes of light
- Recessed vs. flush vs. semi flush vs. sconce vs. lamp
- Color temperature and how it affects the ambience of a space
- Color rendering index (CRI) and why it’s way more important than most people know
About this episode’s guest
Kathryn Goldenoak is an interior designer, founder of Spring Green Interior Design in Arlington MA: ”Good design should speak to the heart of the occupant. Functionality is not enough; in order to delight the spirit, a space must also resonate with its daily inhabitants on a personal level. My passion is creating homes that celebrate and reflect the unique interests and tastes of each client.” She can be reached at http://www.springgreendesign.com.
Help me spread the word!
Send a link to this show to 3 of your friends who you think could use information about home renovations. I would really appreciate that.
Join our mailing list! Get insider information and other exciting news http://eepurl.com/gFJLlT
Thanks to Ray Bernoff, the editor of the show. www.RayBernoff.com
Music at the beginning and end of the episode is Blueberry Festival Footrace by David Fisher and performed by Hanneke Cassel www.hannekecassel.com
Cover Art by Sam White www.samowhite.com
If you need architectural advice, contact me through my website at www.demiosarchitects.com
Email questions for future episodes to email@example.com
Chat with me! Join the community on Flick Chat, a podcasting chat app. You can ask questions, chat with other listeners about your project, new products, and more! The app is free, download it wherever you get apps and then open this code on your phone: https://flickchat.page.link/rohX