Rick Bertolami, an owner of JB Sash and Door in Massachusetts, explains what you need to know about choosing your windows and doors for your project.
- The internet is a good place to start research on window options, but there isn’t a substitute for going to a showroom and seeing and touching the windows in person
- Types of windows that are available
- How to narrow down window choices?
- What are the advantages and disadvantage of triple glazed windows?
- Are windows really designed to fail after 15 years?
- What is the difference between insert replacement windows and a tilt pack replacement window?
- What to look for in an interior door
About this episode’s guest
Rick Bertolami is an owner of JB Sash and Door in Chelsea, MA. www.jbsash.com.
Learning from the mistakes of others
Don't have the first time you see your new window be when they are installed in your house.
Help me spread the word!
Send a link to this show to 3 of your friends who you think could use information about home renovations. I would really appreciate that.
Chat with me! Join the community on Flick Chat, a podcasting chat app. You can ask questions, chat with other listeners about your project, new products, and more! The app is free, download it wherever you get apps and then open this code on your phone: https://flickchat.page.link/rohX
Join our mailing list! Get insider information and other exciting news http://eepurl.com/gFJLlT
Thanks to Ray Bernoff, the editor of the show. www.RayBernoff.com
The music is Blueberry Festival Footrace by David Fisher and performed by Hanneke Cassel www.hannekecassel.com
Cover Art by Sam White www.samowhite.com
If you need architectural advice, contact me through my website at www.demiosarchitects.com
Email questions for future episodes to firstname.lastname@example.org